The iPhone 4 battery is supposedly 20% better than the 3GS and I still can’t go one full day without having to plug my iPhone in. I realized that I’m not the only one having this battery issue so I figured I’d post a few tips to maximize the iPhone battery life.
- Make sure you kill those apps that are running in the background for nothing
- Turn off wifi if you’re not using it (Settings > Wi-Fi and set Wi-Fi to Off)
- Turn off 3G if you don’t need it (Settings > General > Network and set Enable 3G to Off)
- Turn off Push Notifications (Settings > Notifications and set Notifications to Off)
- Turn off Bluetooth (Settings > General > Bluetooth and set Bluetooth to Off)
- Turn off Push Email (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and set Push to Off)
- Fetch new data manually (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and tap Manually)
- Go through a full charge cycle each month (charge the battery to 100% and completely run it down)
- Turn off vibrate
- Auto-adjust Brightness (Settings > Brightness and set Auto-Brightness to On)
- Optional: turn your iPhone 4 off (just kidding)
Do you have any other tip to add to this list? Feel free to share your tips by adding a comment.