The iPhone 4 battery is supposedly 20% better than the 3GS and I still can’t go one full day without having to plug my iPhone in. I realized that I’m not the only one having this battery issue so I figured I’d post a few tips to maximize the iPhone battery life.
- Make sure you kill those apps that are running in the background for nothing
- Turn off wifi if you’re not using it (Settings > Wi-Fi and set Wi-Fi to Off)
- Turn off 3G if you don’t need it (Settings > General > Network and set Enable 3G to Off)
- Turn off Push Notifications (Settings > Notifications and set Notifications to Off)
- Turn off Bluetooth (Settings > General > Bluetooth and set Bluetooth to Off)
- Turn off Push Email (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and set Push to Off)
- Fetch new data manually (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and tap Manually)
- Go through a full charge cycle each month (charge the battery to 100% and completely run it down)
- Turn off vibrate
- Auto-adjust Brightness (Settings > Brightness and set Auto-Brightness to On)
- Optional: turn your iPhone 4 off (just kidding)
Do you have any other tip to add to this list? Feel free to share your tips by adding a comment.
This article is brought to you by Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.