Every once in a while we get a comment from a reader trying to make us feel guilty for having ads or making money with iDownloadBlog. To which we usually answer that yes, we do indeed generate money from the blog, because that’s what we do for a living!
Like you, we hate to see ads on websites. Just like you, we wish there were no ads on websites, TV, radio, anywhere. But the reality is that ads are usually what allow a website, a TV channel, or a radio station to operate. We are no different here at iDB.
iDownloadBlog generates revenues in several ways:
- Banner Ads – Companies pay us to have their advertising banners on our blog.
- Text Ads – Managed by Google Adsense.
- Affiliate Links – We use affiliate links wherever possible.
- Deals store – our partner StackCommerce pays us commissions for every purchase made in that store.
- Sponsored/Guest Posts – On very rare occasions, people pay us to write or tweet about their products. These kind of posts are clearly labeled as “sponsored“. They are never misleading.
About Free Products
We sometimes get free products or apps to review. The fact it’s free doesn’t mean it gets a positive review. We always give honest reviews. If it sucks, we’ll let you know. However, it’s true we avoid wasting time writing reviews about products that suck. We usually prefer writing about products or services we like and would recommend.
Insulting, offensive, or rude comments will be moderated. Commenters can have opposing opinions, and it is fine as long as these opinions are shared with respect to each other. Responsibility of speech is more important than freedom of speech on this website.