The unc0ver jailbreak by Pwn20wnd can be used to jailbreak all public versions of iOS 11, iOS 12.0-12.4.1, and iOS 13.0-13.3.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to deploy the unc0ver jailbreak on your compatible device.
Please note that you can also opt to use the Electra, Chimera, or checkra1n jailbreak tools depending on device and firmware. Electra supports most versions of iOS 11, while Chimera supports most versions of iOS 12. The checkra1n jailbreak is bootrom exploit-based and supports handsets from the iPhone 5s to the iPhone X, regardless of how new its firmware is.
How to jailbreak with unc0ver
1) Download the most recent version of unc0ver from the official unc0ver.dev website.
2) Download Cydia Impactor on your computer and launch it.
3) Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer with an MFi-certified Lightning cable.
Note: Cydia Impactor should recognize your device after you plug it in. If it doesn’t, then “Trust” your computer from your computer via the pop-up on your device, and vice-versa.
4) Click and drag the unc0ver.ipa file to the Cydia Impactor window like so:
5) Sign in with your Apple ID when prompted:
6) Cydia Impactor will now begin side-loading the unc0ver jailbreak app on your device:
7) Once installed, go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management and tap on your Apple ID:
8) Next, tap on the blue Trust button, and then tap on the red Trust button inside the popup that appears:
Note: Before proceeding to the next step, enable Airplane Mode, disable your passcode/Touch ID/Face ID, disable Siri, and reboot your device. Taking these additional steps isn’t mandatory, but seems to increase the tool’s success rate.
9) After taking the recommended steps above to prepare your device, tap on the unc0ver icon from your Home screen:
10) Next, tap on the blue Jailbreak button in the unc0ver app:
Note: the tool will begin jailbreaking your device; it should respring afterward.
12) Once finished, you’ll find Cydia on your Home screen, like so:
Note: If you don’t see Cydia after jailbreaking with unc0ver, then reboot and re-launch the unc0ver jailbreak app and keep trying until it works.
That’s all there is to it. You now have a jailbroken handset by way of unc0ver.
In addition to Cydia Impactor, you can try using any of the following alternative installation methods to install unc0ver:
- (Signing Service) How to use Ignition to install unc0ver without a computer
- (Signing Service) How to use iOS Ninja to install unc0ver without a computer
- How to install the unc0ver jailbreak with AltStore
Have you tried unc0ver to jailbreak your iOS 11 or 12 device yet? Share in the comments section below.