Pwn20wnd’s unc0ver jailbreak tool has been receiving lots of updates lately, and if you’re like me, then you’re not always at a computer to download them. Fortunately, a handy online tool called Ignition can help you sidestep Cydia Impactor when you’re nowhere near your computer.
Installing unc0ver without a computer
If you’re nowhere near a computer and want to install unc0ver on a supported device, then follow these steps:
1) Check the official Ignition Twitter page to ensure that the latest version of unc0ver is available for download.
Pro tip: the site’s maintainers are meticulous about timeliness, but it’s always a good practice to double-check.
2) Enter the following URL in the mobile Safari web browser:
3) Wait for the splash screen to disappear:
4) Close any ads that appear.
5) Tap on the unc0ver (Proper) option:
6) Tap on the orange Install button:
7) Confirm that you want to install unc0ver by tapping on the Install button in the pop-up prompt:
8) The unc0ver jailbreak app will now be installed on your Home screen:
9) Next, navigate to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management and tap on the Enterprise App profile:
10) Tap on the blue Trust button, and then tap on the red Trust button inside the pop-up that appears:
11) After you’ve trusted everything, you can proceed with the unc0ver jailbreak as you usually would by launching the app and following the on-screen instructions:
If you’ve never jailbroken with unc0ver before, then we recommend following our in-depth tutorial encompassing how to jailbreak iOS 11.0-11.4 beta 3.
Did you enjoy installing the unc0ver jailbreak without using a computer more than the traditional Cydia Impactor-centric process? Share why or why not in the comments section below.