With September marching ever closer, Apple’s goal to release the next major software updates for its platforms also inches closer. Which means the company is seeding developer updates as readily as it can, preparing developers (and public beta testers) for the upcoming arrivals. And today is no different.
Today, Apple seeded the seventh betas of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, tvOS 15, and watchOS 8 to developers. While we’re obviously late in the game for beta seeds, it’s still worth waiting if you aren’t a registered developer. And the prerelease software should still not be installed on a daily driver. The beta versions of the software are still likely to be a little rough around the edges, and complications could still arise with daily usage.
That being said, Apple will likely seed a corresponding public beta of eligible software in the near future. For registered developers, the new software updates can be installed now.
Resource: How to install the iOS 15 beta
- FaceTime sees major improvements, including SharePlay and updates to video and audio.
- Apple updates Notifications to give even more granular control, and updates the UI
- Messages gets even more collaborative with Shared With You
- Safari gets a new Tab experience
- The Photos app now supports Live Text, which can be searched for and directly interacted with
- Spotlight gets improvements, can be used to find Live Text in Photos
- AirPods Pro and AirPods Max get better Find My support
- Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos launch in Apple Music
- And much more
Must know: What’s new in iOS 15 beta 5
- Split View and a new Shelf make multitasking easier on iPadOS
- There are several new keyboard shortcuts available
- Widgets get a new size option, and the ability to place on the Home Screen
- The App Library is available
- And more
- watchOS 8 includes an improved Photos app
- Sharing content in Messages is easier than ever before
- There is a new Portrait watch face, which can be interacted with using the Digital Crown
- watchOS 8 supports the App Shelf
- watchOS 8 offers more Health-related features, including better fall detection
- There are even more Workouts
- And more
The new betas are available now. We’ll update this post when the public betas are seeded as well.