Split View and Slide Over are great multitasking features for iPad. You can work with two apps simultaneously and quickly access an app that you need while working with another. But, if these are features you never use or find that you are accidentally invoking them and want to stop, you can simply turn them off.
Here’s how to disable Split View and Slide Over on iPad.
Turn off Split View and Slide Over on iPad
Open your Settings app and then follow these simple steps.
1) Tap Multitasking & Dock.
2) At the very top of the next screen, turn off the toggle for Allow Multiple Apps.
And, that’s it folks! You can now work or play with your iPad without the worry of one of those two features making an appearance.
More iPad tutorials
If you’re interested in additional iPad how-tos, check out these tutorials.
- How to dock, undock, split, and merge your iPad keyboard
- How to fast charge your iPhone or iPad
- How to use your iPhone or iPad as a teleprompter
- Using iPad Pro as the main display for Mac mini with Astropad’s Luna Display
- Editing an entire video on iPad Pro
Wrapping it up
If you decide that you want to use Split View and Slide Over again, just pop back into your Settings and enable the Allow Multiple Apps option again. This is a simple setting that you can change whenever you want.
Are there other small changes to the settings you use to make your iPad experience better? If so, let us know what they are in the comments below!