The ability to share a calendar comes in handy for work and personal events. And the Calendar app makes sharing simple on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. But what happens when you want to stop sharing your calendar? Maybe it’s a work calendar and your coworker left the company or a personal calendar you only shared for a short time, like vacation plans.
Here, we’ll show you how to stop sharing a calendar in the Calendar app on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Stop sharing a calendar
On iPhone and iPad
It takes only a minute or two to stop sharing a calendar on iPhone or iPad. So, open the Calendar app on your device and access your Calendar List using the Calendar button. Then, follow these steps:
- Tap the Info icon ⓘ next to the shared calendar.
- Under Shared With, pick the person you want to remove and tap Stop Sharing.
- Confirm you want to stop sharing with them by tapping Remove.
- If you want to turn a public calendar into a private one, scroll to the bottom of the Calendar List and turn off the toggle for Public Calendar.
- Tap Done when you finish editing your calendars.
It’s super simple to stop sharing a calendar on Mac. Open the Calendar app and make sure your Calendar List is open. You can do this using the Calendar button on the left of the toolbar or View > Show Calendar List from the menu bar.
- In your Calendar List on the left, select the shared calendar.
- To the right of the Calendar name, click the contact icon.
- If you want to remove a person, select them and hit your Delete key. If you want to turn a public calendar into a private one, uncheck the box for Public Calendar.
- Click Done in the small sharing window when you finish.
Sharing a calendar on your device doesn’t have to be permanent. You can transform a public calendar into a private one or simply remove someone from your shared calendar easily.
Are you planning to stop sharing one of your calendars? Be sure to bookmark this page so you know how to do it when the time comes!
Useful Calendar tips: