With the release of the iPhone X, Apple got rid of the ability to see the battery percentage in the Status bar. Prior to this, a simple toggle was available in the Settings app that allowed one to view the battery percentage next to the battery icon.
Don’t worry though, as there are still a couple of ways to quickly check the battery percentage on the iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, and the iPhone 12 Pro duo. This will work on all the iPhones that come with the notch. Here’s how to see battery percentage on the iPhone 12 series with ease.
Check battery percentage on iPhone 12
The easiest way to check battery percentage on iPhone 12 is via the Control Center. Here’s how you to access the Control Center.
1) Swipe down from the top right corner of the iPhone to view the Control Center.
2) The battery percentage will be shown next to the battery icon on the top right.
That’s it. This is how you can view the battery percentage without making any changes to your iPhone 12. However, there is another easy view that’ll make sure that the battery percentage is always in front of your eyes.
Use Widgets to see battery percentage on iPhone 12
Apple introduced Widgets with iOS 14, and along came the very useful battery indicator widget. You can use this widget to see battery percentage on iPhone 12 at all times. Here’s how you can add a battery widget to the Home screen or Widget screen.
1) Tap and hold any blank space on the Home screen to bring up the customisation options.
2) Select the ‘+’ button at the top to add a widget.
3) Search for the battery widget by typing ‘batteries‘ in the search bar.
4) Choose the type of battery widget you’d like on the home screen. There are three options available, with two taking up a full row.
5) Add the widget to the Home Screen or Widget Screen.
This is for those who’d like a more permanent battery indicator, instead of checking the Control Center every time you want to see the percentage. With the widget, you’ll have access to the percentage right on your home screen. There are dozens of third-party battery widgets in the App Store and we rounded up what we think are the best ones. If you have a jaibroken iOS 14 device, then you can use this tweak to enable the older battery percentage indicator.
Checking the battery percentage on your modern iPhone is not as simple as it was before the iPhone X days. Nevertheless, you can still get a quick glance at the battery percentage using one of the above tips. The Battery widget does offer more information though, and you can check the battery percentage for connected devices such as AirPods, Apple Watch, and other Bluetooth accessories.