Just like keyboard shortcuts for your other apps on Mac, those for Podcasts can be just as useful. They let you control the Podcasts app window along with playback of your episodes.
If you want a handy way to zip around Podcasts on your Mac, check out this list of helpful keyboard shortcuts.
The Podcasts app window
Take control of the Podcasts app window with these keyboard shortcuts.
- Open Podcasts Preferences: Command + , (comma)
- Hide all other windows: Option + Command + H
- Hide the Podcasts window: Command + H
- Minimize Podcasts: Command + M
- Enter or exit full-screen: Shift + Command + F
- Close Podcasts: Command + W
- Quit Podcasts: Command + Q
Shortcuts for podcasts
Use these keyboard shortcuts for searching, browsing, or selecting podcasts.
- Search your Podcasts library: Command + F
- Refresh the RSS feed: Command + R
- Scroll up and down a list of episodes: Up Arrow and Down Arrow
- Select episodes in a list: Shift + Up Arrow and Shift + Down Arrow
- Remove, save, and other actions for a selected episode: Control + Click
- Create a new station: Command + N
Shortcuts for playback
These shortcuts help you navigate your playback options while listening.
- Increase the volume: Command + Up Arrow
- Decrease the volume: Command + Down Arrow
- Play or pause the selected episode: Space Bar
- Go to the next episode in Playing Next: Shift + Command + Right Arrow
- Go to the previous episode in Playing Next: Shift + Command + Left Arrow
- Skip forward within an episode: Shift + Command + Right Arrow
- Skip backward within an episode: Shift + Command + Left Arrow
Wrapping it up
Using keyboard shortcuts for Podcasts on Mac is an easy way to control the window and podcasts your listening to with a click.
Is there a particular app on Mac that you always use keyboard shortcuts for? Let us know what it is!