If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can control which songs play next on your other devices by using your iPhone or iPad. So, you can queue up what you want to hear on your HomePod when you enter the kitchen or on your Apple TV when you walk into the living room.
Here’s how to manage your Apple Music queue on Apple TV and HomePod.
Using the Music app
Open the Music app on your iPhone or iPad and then do the following to manage the queue on Apple TV and HomePod.
1) Swipe up on the Now Playing bar at the bottom.
2) Tap the red AirPlay symbol.
3) You should see cards for your devices, including the one you are using.
Select the device you want to use and tap the song that’s currently in queue. You can then move forward to the next song with the arrows.
When you are ready, just tap the play button.
Using Control Center
You can access those same cards from your Control Center for the Music app and manage what’s playing next from there.
1) Tap the top right corner of the Music app widget.
2) Select the card for the device you want to use.
3) Tap the Play/Pause button in the corner.
4) You’ll see the song currently in queue for that device. Use the forward arrows to set the next song.
Tap the play button when you’re ready to listen.
Wrapping it up
Managing the queues for the songs you want can be done individually by device, which is nice. So, get some classic rock set on your HomePod when you start making dinner and some slow jazz going on Apple TV when you’re ready to relax.
Are you going to use this flexible feature to manage queues on your other devices? Let us know!