Every time you watch one of your friends’ Instagram stories, whether it is a photo or video, the person can actually tell you saw it. But what if you wanted to see their Instagram stories without them knowing? There is actually a way to do just that right from your iPhone.
In this post, we will show you how to view an Instagram story without someone knowing you did, giving you a glimpse at your friends’ life while still keeping a sense of anonymity. To do that, we will be using a free app we developed called Reposter for Instagram, which you may also know as Regrammer.
How to watch Instagram stories without the person knowing
- On your iPhone or iPad, download Reposter from the App Store, then launch the app.
- Tap, on the Stories tab at the bottom, then in the username field, type in the username of the person you want to see stories from without them knowing. Tap Go to find the user.
- On the Results page, you should see the user you searched for. Tap on the user account to select it and view the stories that were posted by her/him within the last 24 hours.
- Tap on the story you want to look at without letting anybody know. This will give you a full preview of that story. That’s it, you are looking at the photo or video posted to the story without leaving any track behind you. No one will be able to tell that you actually saw this story.
- At this point, you can even save the story to your iPhone by tapping on the Share button and selecting Repost on Instagram, which will automatically save the story to your Camera roll.
Because you didn’t have to login to Instagram in the first place, you can see anyone’s stories without the person finding out or having any sort of indication you did.
You can repeat the process for as many people as you want. The only catch is that the person’s Instagram profile cannot be private. If it is set to private, you will not be able to find and watch their stories.