While the Instagram app allows downloading your stories, it doesn’t let you download other people’s stories. But there are ways to do it. This tutorial shows you how to download and save Instagram Stories to your iPhone’s Photos app.
How to download other people’s Instagram stories to your iPhone
You’ll have to use a third-party app to download someone else’s Instagram story to your iPhone Camera Roll. Here’s how.
Use the Reposter app
Reposter is a premium app by New Marketing Lab that lets you save Instagram stories in full resolution, without any watermark from any public account to your iPhone Photos app in just a few taps.
1) Download and open the Reposter for Instagram app.
2) Tap Stories.
3) Type in the Instagram account’s username whose story you want to save locally and tap Find Stories or the go key.
4) Log in with your Instagram account. This is one-time only.
5) Once logged in, tap the account from the search results to see all available Stories.
6) Tap the story you wish to download.
7) Tap the share button and choose Repost on Instagram. This will open up the Instagram share sheet, but you don’t have to repost the image to Instagram. The story is automatically saved to your iPhone’s Camera Roll.
8) Tap the cross icon (X) to exit the screen and open the iPhone’s Photos app to see the downloaded story.
The limitation of Reposter is that the profile of the user you’re looking at has to be public. If it is a private profile, you will not be able to see or save the stories from that user.
Take a screenshot or screen recording
If you just want to save any story for basic reference or proof, you can open it in the Instagram app and then take a screenshot or make a screen recording. You can access the screenshot and screen recording in your iPhone’s Photos app.
Save your Instagram stories to the iPhone Camera Roll
Here’s how you can download your own Instagram stories once they are posted on the platform.
Save individual Instagram stories
- Open the Instagram app and tap Your Story to see your posted stories.
- Tap the three dots icon and choose Save.
- Tap Save video to save just that one story to the iPhone Photos app. If you have posted several stories, you can tap Save story to download all your current stories as a single file.
Save all your Instagram stories
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Tap the three lines icon from the top and choose Settings > Privacy > Story.
- Enable the toggle for Save story to Camera Roll. Now, the stories you post to Instagram will automatically save to your iPhone’s Photos app. The saved story file will have added effects like Instagram stickers, text, etc.
Download Instagram story on jailbroken iPhone
Jailbreak users have an even easier way to save Instagram Stories. Simply download the Social Downloader tweak, which integrates directly into the Instagram app, making the whole experience faster and more straightforward.