Waze, a crowdsourced GPS, maps and traffic service owned by Google, has refreshed its iPhone and iPad application with a few new features.
Now available at no cost in the App Store, the new Waze 3.9.4 is much faster than before. More importantly, it has added a cool new feature which tells you how long you’ll be stuck in a traffic jam.
Other features like navigation, route select and re-routing have been sped up significantly, an important feat given that you’ll be using the app while driving.
As mentioned before, Waze now has a new traffic bar to track your progress and inform you how long you may be stuck in a traffic jam.
A new ‘Let’s go via’ voice command lets you check out the route Waze is taking. Support for U-turns has been improved and you can now get a confirmation when sending your ETA.
Waze 3.9.4 changelog:
- Experience an overall faster Waze: smoother navigation, quicker route selection and improved re-routing.
- New traffic bar — know how long you’ll be in a jam, tracking progress as you go.
- Learn which route Waze is taking with ‘Let’s go via’ voice instruction.
- Get a confirmation when sending your ETA: those receiving can instantly reply ‘Got it, thanks’.
- Improved support for U-turns
- General bug fixes
It even lets you remember where you parked your car.
The 59.7-megabyte universal app requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 6.0 or later.