Waze, the popular GPS-based maps and traffic app that Google purchased for undisclosed sum in June of 2013, has received an update Monday bringing out half a dozen new features and improvements, including enhancements related to remembering where you parked your car.
A free update, Waze 3.9 lets you add driving related information if a place has a parking lot or drive-thru. The app also saves your parking location so it’s now a lot easier to find your vehicle in the parking lot.
You can use the app to add or edit places and points of interests, a feature previously available only through Waze’s web interface.
International Waze customers will benefit from the search autocomplete feature which the firm has now rolled out to everyone.
Waze 3.9 changelog:
- Easily add or edit places, business or residential
- Add driving related info like if a place has a parking lot or drive-thru
- Add arrival photos to help others find a place at any time
- Drive with Waze until you park: your parking location will be saved automatically. Plus, you’ll help Waze learn where to find parking & how much time to account
- Search autocomplete added worldwide
- Multiple bug fixes and optimizations
The 47.9-megabyte iPhone and iPad app requires iOS 6.0 or later.