Instagram offers some nifty features for creating your stories. You can use Multi-Capture to snap several photos on the spot or use PhotoBooth for four quick selfies of yourself or you and your friends. Along with these options is another feature called Superzoom.
Superzoom is pretty much what the name implies. You capture a short video that automatically zooms in to the center without you lifting a finger. This is a cool way to show objects in a landscape, faces on people, or food on a plate. Whatever your next Instagram story, see how to use Superzoom for a neat effect.
Use Superzoom for a story on Instagram
Open the Instagram app on your iPhone and follow these steps to use Superzoom.
1) Tap the plus sign at the bottom and swipe to the right to select Story.
2) On the side of the story screen, tap Superzoom. If you only see icons, you can enable the labels by tapping the arrow at the bottom of the list to expand it.
3) Select an effect which displays an accompanying visual and dramatic sound.
4) Tap the spot on the screen you want to zoom in on, then tap the shutter button to capture the video for your story.
When you finish, you can review and share your story as you normally would.
Do more with Instagram
For additional ways to create fun stories or posts, check out a few of our other Instagram articles.
- How to use Multi-Capture to instantly add photos to your Instagram story
- You can now share Apple Music lyrics over iMessage or as Instagram Stories
- How to use PhotoBooth for your Instagram story
- What are and how to share stories with Close Friends on Instagram
- How to add music to your Instagram story
Wrapping it up
If you plan to capture video for an Instagram story, check out the Superzoom feature for something a little different and let us know what you think of the feature below!