Do you have two or more iCloud calendars that would be better as just one? Maybe you have one for Home and another for Family that you can turn into one. Or, one for Personal and another for My Stuff that could easily be one calendar.
You can easily merge iCloud calendars into a single one in the Calendar app on Mac. We’ll show you how.
What you need to know
When you merge iCloud calendars, this will take all of the events from one, put them into the other, and delete the then-empty calendar.
Merge iCloud calendars on Mac
Open the Calendar app on your Mac and then follow these steps to merge iCloud calendars.
1) Make sure your Calendar List is viewable in the sidebar to ensure you select the correct one to merge. You can do this by clicking the Calendars button in the toolbar or View > Show Calendar List from the menu bar.
2) Select the iCloud calendar that you want to merge into another calendar.
3) Either right-click the calendar name in the Calendar List and pick Merge or click Edit > Merge Calendar from the menu bar and pick the calendar you want to merge into.
4) You’ll see a pop-up asking you to confirm. Again, this action will move all events from the selected calendar to the one you pick from the list and then delete that first calendar. For example, if you choose to merge Personal into My Stuff, all events will move to My Stuff and Personal will be deleted.
Click Merge to confirm.
Do more with the Calendar app
For other tips and tricks with the Calendar app, check out these articles.
- What do the Calendar symbols on Mac mean?
- How to use the availability feature in Calendar on Mac
- How to print or save your Calendar as a PDF on Mac and iOS
- How to quickly snooze Calendar alerts for longer than 15 minutes on Mac
Wrapping it up
Merging iCloud calendars that are similar in nature can clean up your Calendar and keep you better organized.
Do you have any tips for the Calendar app on Mac you’d like to share? Leave us a comment below or ping us on Twitter!