While it’s awesome to have your appointments and events on your devices for quick and easy access, there may come a time when you want to print your calendar. Or maybe you’d like to save it so that you can share a physical copy later on.
You can export, print, or save a calendar from the Calendar app as a PDF. We’ll show you how to do this on both Mac and iOS.
How to export your calendar as a PDF on iPhone or iPad
You’ll need a third-party app to get the job done.
PDF Calendar – Print & Share (Free)
There are a handful of apps that can help you get the job done, but you might want to check out PDF Calendar – Print & Share, an app we developed in house at iDB. The app lets you print in a couple of taps or send a PDF via email/text/etc to yourself or someone else.
1) Download PDF Calendar for free and allow access to your Calendar app.
2) Select the format you want to use. You can choose from a Day, Week, Month, or List view, much like what you can choose in the stock Calendar application.
3) Then select the start and end dates for the calendar events you want to export.
4) By default, the app selects all your calendars, but you can also customize the specific calendars you want to include.
5) Once you have tweaked the settings to your liking, tap the Create PDF button. You will then see a preview of your calendar, which you can switch to Landscape or Portrait based on your preference.
To print your calendar, tap the red Share icon at the bottom of the preview. Select Print from the Share sheet, select your printer, the number of copies needed, and finally, tap Print.
To share a PDF of your calendar, tap the red Share icon at the bottom. Select the way you want to share the file (ie. email, text message, Slack, Dropbox, etc…) and send it.
Print or save your calendar as a PDF on Mac
On Mac, printing or saving a PDF your calendar is easy. Just open your Calendar app and follow these steps.
1) Click File > Print.
2) Make your selections for the calendar view, time range, calendars, and other options like timed events, calendar keys, and text size.
3) Click Continue.
4) On the next screen, click the drop-down box on the bottom left and select Save as PDF.
5) Choose a location to save the PDF. Optionally, you can add or change the title, author, subject, and keywords.
6) Click Save.
And there you go! You’re calendar and all of the options you picked should be in a nice and neat PDF document.
Wrapping it up
Printing a physical copy of your calendar or saving it as a PDF is easy on Mac and iOS. Is this something that you’ve been wanting to do but weren’t sure how? And for iOS, is there a different app you’d recommend for printing or saving a PDF of your calendar?
Share your thoughts with us below or hit us up on Twitter!