While it’s awesome to have your appointments and events on your devices for quick and easy access, there may come a time when you want to print your calendar. Or maybe you’d like to save it so that you can share a physical copy later on.
You can export, print, or save a calendar from the Calendar app as a PDF. We’ll show you how to do this on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
How to export your calendar as a PDF
On iPhone or iPad
You’ll need a third-party app to get the job done. There are a handful of apps that can help you, but we recommend PDF Calendar – Print & Share, an app we developed in-house at iDB. It lets you print in a couple of taps or send a PDF via email, text, WhatsApp, etc., to yourself or someone else.
Here’s how to export, print, save, or share your calendar events on iPhone and iPad:
1) Download PDF Calendar for free and allow it access to your Calendar app.
2) Select the format you want to use. You can choose from a Day, Week, Month, or List view, much like what you can choose in the stock Calendar application.
3) Then select the start and end dates for the calendar events you want to export.
4) By default, the app selects one of your calendars, but you can also customize the specific calendars you want to include.
5) Once you have tweaked the settings to your liking, tap the Preview button. You will then see a preview of your calendar, which you can switch to Landscape or Portrait based on your preference.
- To print your calendar, tap the red print icon at the bottom. Select your printer, the number of copies needed, and finally, tap Print.
- To share a PDF of your calendar, tap the red Share icon at the bottom. Select the way you want to share the file (i.e., email, text message, Slack, Dropbox, etc.) and send it.
1) Open your Calendar app and click File > Print.
2) Make your selections for the calendar view, time range, calendars, and other options like timed events, calendar keys, and text size.
3) Click Continue.
4) On the next screen, click the drop-down box on the bottom left and select Save as PDF.
5) Choose a location to save the PDF. Optionally, you can add or change the title, author, subject, and keywords.
6) Click Save.
And there you go! Your calendar and all of the options you picked should be in a nice and neat PDF document.
Printing a physical copy of your calendar or saving it as a PDF is easy on Mac and iOS. Is this something that you’ve been wanting to do but weren’t sure how?
Check out next: