A convenient feature of your iPhone is that you can sync bookmarks you save in your browser and access them on another device, like your iPad or Mac. But what if you don’t want to sync your bookmarks? Maybe your iPhone is a business phone, and you want to keep your personal bookmarks separate. Or maybe you want the sites you bookmark on your iPhone private and away from people who use your other devices.
Whatever your reason, you can stop iPhone from syncing bookmarks with just a few taps. We’ll show you how to do this with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
Disable Safari bookmark sync
Open the Settings on your iPhone and then follow these steps to stop syncing Safari bookmarks:
- In your Settings, tap your name at the top.
- Select iCloud.
- Under Apps Using iCloud, disable the toggle for Safari.
- You will see a message asking if you would like to keep or delete the data that was previously synced to your device. Tap the option you prefer.
Disable Chrome bookmark sync
Open the Chrome app on your iPhone and then follow these steps to stop syncing bookmarks:
- Tap the More button (three-dot icon) on the bottom right and select Settings.
- Select Sync.
- You’ll then see a list of everything that is syncing. From here, turn off Sync Everything. Next, turn off the toggle next to Bookmarks to stop syncing it to other devices.
Disable Firefox bookmark sync
Open the Firefox app on your iPhone and then follow these steps to stop syncing bookmarks:
- Tap the More button (three-line icon) on the bottom right and choose your account name.
- Turn off the toggle for Bookmarks.
Most iPhone owners use the convenient built-in browser Safari, and it’s easy to stop syncing those bookmarks. But if you use Chrome or Firefox instead, or in addition to Safari, you can see that it’s simple to stop your iPhone from syncing bookmarks with those browsers as well.
Are you going to turn off the bookmark sync on your iPhone for any of these browsers?
Useful browser tips: