Once your presentation is complete, you might want to share it or have it displayed on a monitor without interacting with it. This when turning your slideshow into a video or movie comes in handy.
For those situations, here’s how to export a presentation in Keynote or PowerPoint as a video on Mac.
Export a Keynote as video
Open Keynote on your Mac to the presentation you want to export and then follow these steps.
1) Click File > Export to > Movie from the menu bar. Your video will be saved as a .m4v file.
2) In the pop-up window, you can change the slides to include, timing between slides, and resolution.
3) Click Next.
4) Give your movie a different name, add a tag, and pick a location for the export.
5) Click Export.
Export a PowerPoint as video
Open PowerPoint on your Mac to the presentation you want to export. Then, do the following.
1) Click File > Export from the menu bar.
2) In the pop-up window, you can give your movie a different name, add a tag, and pick a location for the export if you like.
3) Choose MOV under File Format. This saves the video as a .mov file.
4) You can then select the quality from Presentation, Internet, or Low, depending on what you want to do with the video. You can also change the width and height and adjust the seconds spent on each slide.
5) When you finish, click Export.
Wrapping it up
Converting your Keynote or PowerPoint presentations into videos is a great way to share them or show them off. And it’s very easy to do with both applications.
Are you going to turn your slideshow into a movie? If so, let us know which application you’re using and if the presentation is for business or pleasure.