When you’re composing an email, typing a text message, or taking notes, you can hear that clickety-click of the keyboard on your iPhone or iPad. While it’s a cute little feature, if you do a lot of typing it can become annoying.
If you would like to do away with it, this short tutorial shows you how to turn off the keyboard click sounds on iPhone and iPad.
Disable the keyboard sounds on iPhone or iPad
Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and then follow these simple steps to turn off the keyboard click sounds.
1) Select Sounds & Haptics.
2) Scroll down to Keyboard Clicks and move the slider to off (green to white).
Done! Now you can type in silence.
If you really want to keep things quiet when using your iPhone or iPad, you’ll notice you can also disable the Lock Sound and the System Haptics sounds while you’re on that same screen.
More keyboard tutorials
Looking for more help with your device keyboard? Check out these related how-tos.
- How to dock, undock, split, and merge your iPad keyboard
- How to use one-handed keyboard mode on iPhone
- How to pair a Bluetooth keyboard with your iPad
- How to set up and use multilingual typing on iPhone
- How to fix predictive emoji keyboard not working on iPhone or iPad
Wrapping it up
As you can see, there isn’t much to turning off the keyboard click sounds on your iPhone or iPad. Now you can type quietly while in the library, classroom, or even in bed at night.
What do you think of the keyboard click sounds? Do you like them or find them irritating? Leave us a comment below with your thoughts and remember you can always ping us on Twitter with your comments and suggestions!