Don’t like it when your iPhone vibrates every time you receive a new email? Me neither, which is why this is one of the first things I disable on every new iPhone I set up. In this post, I will show you how to disable new email vibrations on your iPhone.
There are two ways to go about it. If you have several email accounts on your iPhone, you can disable vibrations on a per-account basis, or you can choose to disable all vibrations for all accounts in one fell swoop. If you only have one account, either way works.
How to disable new email vibrations for all email accounts
Follow these instructions if you want to stop your iPhone from vibrating when you receive new emails from any of your email accounts.
1) Launch the Settings app.
2) Go to Sounds & Haptics.
3) Scroll down a bit and tap on New Mail.
4) Scroll to the very top and tap on Vibration.
5) Scroll to the bottom, and select None.
With this particular setting, you will not get any vibration when you receive new emails, regardless of how many email accounts you have set up on your device.
How to turn off new email vibrations on a per-account basis
Follow these directions if you want to stop your iPhone from vibrating when you receive new emails from specific accounts. For example, with this method, you can choose to get vibrations for your work emails, but no vibrations for your private emails.
1) Open the Settings app.
2) Tap on the Notifications tab.
3) Tap on the Mail tab. This will then show a list of all email accounts available on your device.
4) Tap on the account for which you wish to stop vibrations.
5) Tap on the Sounds tab at the top.
6) Scroll all the way up, and select the Vibration tab.
7) Scroll all the way down, and select None.
You may repeat these steps for as many accounts as you want. Obviously, if you want to cancel all vibrations from all email accounts, the first method described above is your best bet.