A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed CCustomize by iOS developer FromDerik can give Control Center a completely new look and feel, all while adding a host of useful features to the interface that let you get more done in fewer steps.
Following installation, the tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings app where you can customize the Control Center interface:
Among the options it comes jam-packed with are:
- A way to toggle the tweak on or off
- Make the Control Center interface dark
- Configure the darkness level via slider
- Remove the stock masking overlay
- Hide the background color of the toggle buttons
- Use white-colored button glyphs
- Hide slider icons
- Hide the slider track
- Enable Control Center screen recording toggle
- Enable Control Center Low Power Mode toggle
- Enable respring via 3D Touch on Do Not Disturb or Wi-Fi toggles
A respring button is included under the kill switch so you can save your changes any time you make them.
The screen recording, Low Power Mode, and respring shortcuts are built into the CCustomize tweak itself, which is a nice touch considering CCRecord and CCLowPower are each separate jailbreak tweaks in and of themselves.
Apart from the functional benefits of CCustomize that we’ve discussed, you’ve probably also noticed just how sexy Control Center looks after installation. This is because the tweak adds an entirely new blur effect to the interface that can be configured with either dark ore light themes.
Do you like the new effects and features that CCustomize has to offer? Share in the comments section below!