Whether you are trying to get your finances worked out, looking for tickets to an upcoming concert, or just want to blow stuff up, we have a list of apps to reduce your vacation envy and keep you occupied this weekend…
Keeping track of your daily expenses does not have to be a chore. This app makes it possible for you to enter money that you spend every day, plus pay attention to your budget to ensure that you are not going to end up short at the end of each month. Plan ahead by entering future income and expenses for each month and set recurrences for bills, rent, and more. Check out the finance analyzer to see where you are spending too much money and work on reducing future expenses. This app is available for $1.99.
Although this is not the third in a series, this real-time strategy game for the iPad does follow a long line of similar games in the genre. Players construct buildings, control troops, and destroy enemies in an effort to track down missing scientists and stop another world war. Send your tanks, choppers, and missiles across a landscape of unknown terrain. Build energy conductors to help generate enough power to add land, air, and water transports. Play solo, or join up to three other players to see who can complete their mission first. This game is available for $6.99.
This app is a few months old, but in its short lifespan, it has been reinvented so many times that you could start calling it Madonna. The newest update completely redesigns the app and features iCloud integration so you can now sync your Apple calendar, too. Plus, connect with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, and more to be totally connected for any occasion. Send a birthday wish on Facebook directly in the app, get directions to a meeting through Google Maps, and do a little background research on the client you are scheduled to have lunch with through LinkedIn. This app is available for free.
If you think you can handle being a commercial airline pilot, maybe you should try flying planes back and forth all day. It probably isn’t as fun as it sounds. This game gives you an idea of what it is like to fly over land and sea through rain, snow, and fog. For a few extra bones, pick your favorite plane and transport cargo, people, and whatever else is needed from one airport to the next. This isn’t much like Flight Simulator, but you can still pretend you are piloting a plane. This game is available for free.
This event aggregator makes it possible for you to find the best seat in the house from hundreds of different possibilities. Don’t just look for tickets on Ticketmaster, let SeatGeek track down the best prices from eBay, TicketsNow, and Ticket Exchange so you know you are getting the best price for the best seats. Use the interactive menu to explore ticket deals for an entire venue. Zoom in to see listings within sections with images included so you will know what the stage looks like from that section. Tickets are ranked by how good of a deal they are. Once you’ve picked your seats, purchase your tickets directly through the online seller. This app is available for free.
Legends of Ooo – Adventure Time
I love Adventure Time. It is a funny, quirky cartoon that is filled with bizarre and interesting characters. It reminds me of a mix between Ren & Stimpy and the Power Puff Girls. This game features the voice talents of Jake the Dog and Finn the Human as they search for clues to help them uncover the Ice King’s secrets and rescue the pricesses whom he has frozen in ice… again. Interact with familiar characters, collect objects, and solve puzzles as you unlock the secrets of the missing princesses. Download the second episode, Library of Doom to play the game in BMO Noire, complete with narration by the adorable talking game console’s broken English. This game is available for free.
Did I mention that I’ll be spending the next few days in Mexico? Well, I’ll be needing a currency converter to help me find deals at the local markets. If someone tells me that an Aztec pottery piece costs 200 pesos, I’ll know it will cost about $15. Talking the price down will be the hardest part. This app allows you to convert practically any currency in the world. Enter the amount and convert it to your own denomination. Flip the to/from entries to find out how much your money goes for in another country. You can use this app offline, so if you don’t want to end up with outrageous international data fees, you can still use it while on vacation. This app is available for free.
Want more apps? Check these out
- Remino review: a simple task reminder for keeping you focused
- New GBA emulator found in the App Store, get it while you can
- Umano app reads you the news so you don’t have to
- Yahoo updates ‘Sportacular Pro’ with iPad support and more
- Printer Pro 5 review: Readdle’s printer app gets iOS 7 redesign and new features
- Wibbitz: stay updated on the latest news with beautiful video summaries
- The best apps for artists
- Tin Man Games launches eighth installment in Gamebook Adventure series
- New Netflix update adds iOS 7 compatibility, HD streaming, and AirPlay support
- 5coins helps you keep track of what you spend on a daily basis
- Original Plants vs. Zombies updated with support for iOS 7, 4-inch displays
- Rdio takes on Spotify and others with free mobile radio
- Delivered! tracks your packages in a very elegant way
- Snapchat 6.0 is out with new ‘Snapchat Stories’ feature
- Gentlemen, start your engines: NASCAR Redline races its way into the App Store
- Official Google Music app expected to launch on iOS later this month
- Sunrise Calendar review: a new look for a new day
- SlowCam brings slow motion video recording to every iOS device