An exclusive version of NBA 2K23 is hitting Apple Arcade in October featuring a brand-new Career mode letting you challenge some of the best all-time players.
- What’s happening? 2K Games has announced that a new version of NBA 2K23, exclusive to Apple Arcade, is launching on the service next month.
- Why care? Because Apple Arcade doesn’t have many sports simulators so this is an opportunity for all you basketball fans to enjoy this beloved series.
- What to do? Set an alarm for October 18, 2022, when NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition is scheduled to hit the game-subscription service (or hit Get to be notified).
Apple Arcade adding NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition
“Coming soon to Apple Arcade, NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition is the latest title in the world-renowned NBA 2K franchise,” reads the description.
The game will be hitting Apple Arcade exclusively in October, with a new Greatest gameplay mode available which tasks you to complete challenges and earn points to see who’s the greatest finisher, shooter, play-maker or defenseman in the NBA.
This is a licensed title, meaning you’ll be playing against the 20 all-time players from the 76th NBA season such as Devin Booker, Kevin Durant, and Luka Doncic, and NBA legends, such as Michael Jordan, Shaquille O’Neal and Dirk Nowitzki.
Boost your on-court performance with TakeOver by performing GOAT basketball action on the court and filling your TakeOver meter. Choose across a wide variety of TakeOver boosts matching your play-style and upgrade it by playing to increase its effects and frequency.
You will be able to customize your player looks with Nike, Jordan or Adidas gear, position and jersey number.
The game includes commentary from the National Basketball Association with play-by-play announcers and color analysts such as Kevin Harlan, Greg Anthony, Steve Smith, Doris Burke, Clark Kellogg, Brent Barry and David Aldridge.
How to download NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition
NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition [App Store link] will launch on Apple Arcade on Tuesday, October 18, 2022. The game will be free to play across your iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV if you have an Apple Arcade subscription. If you hit the Get button on the game’s page, you will receive a notification as soon as NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition launches and is ready to be downloaded beginning October 18.
The key features
NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition includes the following features:
- Start your NBA journey—from a young rookie to an NBA legend
- Create your player and choose physical characteristics like height, wingspan, weight, playstyle and more
- Choose your position and play on your favorite NBA team
- Modify your stats and build: Become a 3-point specialist or dominate and slam dunk in the paint
- Enter your own private MyCOURT and practice drills and tutorials to improve your abilities
- Become the GM and Head Coach of your favorite NBA Franchise and build your NBA dream team in The Association
- Manage your NBA roster and make trades, sign free agents, scout up-and-coming prospects and control your team’s finances
Quick match modes
- Test your skill with authentic basketball gameplay, pick your favorite NBA team and play against rivals from around the NBA in 5v5 basketball games
- Blacktop Mode: Select your favorite players and play street basketball in 1v1, 3v3 or 5v5 game modes
Online multiplayer mode
- Choose one of the 30 NBA teams and compete head-to-head with a friend in 3v3 street basketball in Blacktop mode against a friend
- Online Multiplayer games: play real-time PVP basketball in online matches
- Play on your own or against friends via iCloud–on your iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV.
- Compatibility with Xbox or PS DualShock controllers
How to view a list of upcoming Apple Arcade games
To see a list of upcoming titles, hit the “Arcade” tab in the App Store and scroll all the way down, then choose “See All Games.” On the next screen, click “Filters” to narrow down the list by release date, then switch on the option labeled “Coming Soon.”
Apple may remove tiles from the catalog due to poor engagement as it did when it pulled 15 games because its contracts with those developers had expired. Any removed title is available to play on the service for two more weeks.
How to get Apple Arcade for free
Apple Arcade gives you access to a growing library of more than 200 titles across the iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV devices. All games are free of advertising, tracking and in-app purchases. Apple Arcade costs $5/month after a free trial.
You get three free months of Apple Arcade with a new iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV purchase. For further information and details, visit apple.com/apple-arcade.
Apple Arcade is not a game-streaming service. Every title must be downloaded to execute locally on the device. Many Apple Arcade titles support compatible Sony, Microsoft and MFi controllers. And with iOS 16, you can also use Nintendo’s Joy-Con and Switch Pro. Read: How to switch Apple Arcade users on Apple TV