“Alto’s Adventure: The Spirit of the Mountain” is a new Apple Arcade game featuring 20+ new goals to complete along with a brand new character and other perks.
- “Alto’s Adventure: The Spirit of the Mountain” has launched on Apple Arcade as a remastered version of the original endless snowboarding game with extra content like a new character to complete, new goals to complete and more.
- As previously explained, “The Spirit of the Mountain” is an Apple Arcade exclusive though versions for other platforms will likely follow once the exclusivity period has ended. The game is only available to Apple Arcade subscribers and cannot be downloaded from the App Store unless you have an Arcade Arcade membership.
“Alto’s Adventure: The Spirit of the Mountain” is out now
If you’ve played the original title, you’ll feel right at home. “The Spirit of the Mountain” boasts the same one-touch control system as the previous games in the series, as well as algorithmically-created levels, physics-based gameplay and more. To keep you coming back for more, developers have added some extra content not found in the original game, including 20 new goals, a new character named Pitu, a brand new soundtrack you can unlock and more. You can even import your progress from the original 2015 game to continue playing right where you left off!
From alpine hills to ancient woodlands and beyond, have you ever wondered what lies at the heart of it all? Alto’s Adventure: The Spirit of the Mountain is now available on @AppleArcade. https://t.co/pwMVLMOFHV pic.twitter.com/CBs4fmklqf
— Alto's Adventure (@altosadventure) March 25, 2022
What’s new in “The Spirit of the Mountain”?
Here’s a list of the key features of the game:
- Discover the heart of the mountain. Navigate your way through a series of never-before-seen set pieces. revealing the mysterious Pitu—a brand new playable character, only on Apple Arcade.
- Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay.
- Explore procedurally generated terrain, creating unique landscapes, visuals and gameplay opportunities.
- Take your snowboarding skills to the next level with a series of 20 brand-new goals, specially designed to be tackled by Pitu and their unique tricking abilities.
- Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, shooting stars and more.
- Easy to learn, difficult to master. At the heart of the Alto series is an elegant one-touch trick system. Chain together combos, and complete hundreds of goals to new items and abilities—all with intuitive controls
Test your skills with 195+ handcrafted goals.
- Discover seven unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities.
- Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for the best high score, best distance and best trick combo!
- Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for entirely new gameplay dynamic.
- Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design.
- Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience—including brand new, unlockable music and sound effects (headphones recommended!)
- Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone, iPad and Mac devices. Your progress will always be in sync.
- Existing progress from the original Alto’s Adventure (2015) can be imported, allowing long-term players to pick up right where they left off.
For further information, visit the game’s App Store page.
Remember the original “Alto’s Adventure” from 2015?
The original “Alto’s Adventure” game was released in 2015 with 180 goals that the player could complete three at a time. The game won multiple awards so versions for other platforms were released down the road, as well as sequels.
These games have simple game mechanics requiring only a simple touch to perform a jump. A longer touch while your character is in mid-air performs various tricks. Completing goals on each level unlocks awards. The player can also collect coins to spend on upgrades. Read: How to see what your friends are playing on Apple Arcade