To help you quickly fill a form or instantly check out, Safari can autofill your name, email, phone number, home address, and credit card information on a webpage. This sounds great. But at times, it can get annoying as these suggestions automatically pop up in other text fields or situations when you want to enter different details. Due to these or any other reason, if you don’t wish to see contact and payment autofill suggestions in Safari, here’s how to disable it on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
How to turn off Safari autofill on iPhone and iPad
Using these steps, you can stop Safari from automatically filling in your contact and payment details on all websites:
- Open Settings and tap Safari.
- Tap AutoFill.
- Turn off Use Contact Info. This will now prevent Safari from auto-filling your name, email, phone number, address, etc.
- Turn off the switch for Credit Cards. Now, Safari won’t autofill your payment information on web pages.
How to turn off autofill in Safari on Mac
Follow these steps to prevent Mac’s Safari from automatically filling in your name, email, address, phone number, and other details on all websites:
- Open Safari and click the word “Safari” next to the Apple icon.
- Click Preferences.
- Click AutoFill.
- Uncheck Using information from my contacts, Credit Cards, and Other forms.
Check out next: