“Reigns: Beyond” by developer Devolver is coming soon to Apple Arcade, the iPhone maker’s $5 per month game-subscription service for iOS, iPadOS, macOS and tvOS.
Be a space rock star
You must navigate the cosmos as an intergalactic indie rock band, which sounds utterly crazy. You’ll be traveling from planet to planet and gig to gig on their quest for fame and fortune.
Play local (and not-so-local) clubs throughout the galaxy, recruiting alien band members along the way, and rock out across the universe But make sure you’re managing your ship’s resources and keeping your crew in check while on this interstellar tour because one wrong decision may leave you dead in space.
Sounds like fun!
Here are the key features:
- Unlock the legendary Galactic Guitars and rock out in front of your adoring fans.
- Fight pirates, overzealous tax collectors and more in swiping dogfights.
- Hang out on your ship for band practice and offer directions to lost space travelers.
- Over 1400 decision cards. Infinite possibilities!
- Original soundtrack by Sam Webster (GRINDSTONE)Meet 60+ curious characters, including your manager, Lord Shark, Strombo the scholarly mollusk, Gron the space bear and of course your crew and your ship’s know-it-all AI.
Other coming-soon Apple Arcade titles include Annapurna Interactive’s “The Pathless,” arriving November 12, “All Of You,“ a family-friendly puzzle adventure with unique gameplay, “Wonderbox: The Adventure Maker,“ an action-adventure game set in gorgeous dioramas, and “South of the Circle,“ a unique narrative adventure game.
This developer is behind other “Reigns” titles so visit their website for further information.
As of today, the Cupertino giant is offering a three-month free trial of Apple Arcade to customers who purchase a new, eligible Apple device.
Apple Arcade availability
Apple Arcade is a video game-subscription service that provides more than a hundred games in exchange for five bucks per month (a free one-month trial is available). The majority of titles are Apple Arcade exclusives and playable across the iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.
All Apple Arcade titles work without an Internet connection, serve no ads, include no in-app purchases whatsoever and sync progress across devices via iCloud. The service supports the Family Sharing feature allowing a single subscription to be shared with a family of six.
To learn more, visit apple.com/apple-arcade.