Automator on Mac is a terrific tool for creating workflows, applications, and other automations that can speed up tasks and make life easier.
So that you can focus more on your creations and less on navigating and performing actions, check out this list of keyboard shortcuts for Automator on Mac.
The Automator window
Open, close, or hide the Automator window with these shortcuts.
- Open the window: Command + O (capital letter “O”)
- Minimize the window: Command + M
- Hide the window: Command + H
- Hide other windows: Option + Command + H
- Close the window: Command + W
Keyboard shortcuts for navigation and actions
Handle your workflows, move around the app, search for actions, and more with these keyboard shortcuts.
- Create a new workflow: Command + N
- Save a workflow: Command + S
- Duplicate a workflow: Shift + Command + S
- Convert to: Option + Shift + Command + C
- Open Page Setup: Shift + Command + P
- Find: Command + F
- Show results: Command + K
- Find next: Command + G
- Find previous: Shift + Command + G
- Find an action: Option + Command + F
- Show in Library: Shift + Command + J
- Move up: Command + Up Arrow
- Move down: Command + Down Arrow
- Select all: Command + A
- Undo: Command + Z
- Redo: Shift + Command + Z
- Cut: Command + X
- Copy: Command + C
- Paste: Command + V
- Duplicate: Command + D
- Check spelling: Command + ; (semicolon)
- Show spelling and grammar: Command + : (colon)
- Open special characters: Option + Command + T
- Record: Option + Command + R
- Run: Command + R
- Stop: Command + . (period)
- Show log: Option + Command + L
- Print: Command + P
Wrapping it up
You can keep your fingers on the keyboard but still take care of what you need to when working in Automator on Mac with these shortcuts.
For more, take a look at our keyboard shortcuts section. And for additional articles for Automator, check out how to use Calendar Alarms with Automator or these cool things you can do with Automator you might not know about.