Want to delete Instagram comments in bulk? Your wish is their command — the photo-sharing service is testing a new feature that permits you to delete up to 25 Instagram comments at once, and our quick step-by-step tutorial shows you exactly how.
As we reported, Instagram on May 12, 2020 confirmed testing the ability to clear more than one comment at a time. Thanks to this feature, Instagram fans can delete up to 25 comments in one fell swoop (as well as block or restrict multiple accounts at once). Instagram says this’ll help users with large follow counts keep a positive environment on their shared content.
The Facebook-owned company did not say when this feature might reach its entire customer base so check back later if you don’t yet see this option in your copy of Instagram for iOS.
Without further ado, follow along with out step-by-step tutorial that continues right ahead to learn how to delete several Instagram comments in a single go.
How to delete Instagram comments in bulk
Follow these steps to delete up to 25 Instagram comments in one fell swoop:
- Launch the Instagram app on your iOS device.
- Now tap a post containing multiple comments you wish to delete, then tap the option labeled with the text “View all comments” right below the post.
- Hit the three-dotted icon in the top-right, then choose Manage Comments from the menu.
- Select all the comments you wish to delete.
- Finally, hit that Delete button located in the bottom-left corner of the app, then choose the option Delete Comments to clear all of the selected comments at once.
That’s it, the selected comments will be deleted just like that.
If you wish block or restrict accounts in bulk, tap More Options in the bottom-right corner and select the Block Accounts or Restrict Accounts option from the popup menu.
That’s all, boys and girls — now you know precisely how to delete up to 25 Instagram comments on a single post at once, as well as block or restrict accounts in bulk.
You can learn more about comment management in Instagram’s online help.
Need help? Ask iDB!
If you like this tutorial, pass it along to your friends and leave a comment below.
Got stuck? Not sure how to do certain things on your Apple device? Let us know via email@example.com and a future tutorial might provide a solution.
Submit your own how-to suggestions via firstname.lastname@example.org.