We’ve all become used to the fact that iTunes is no longer on Mac since the macOS Catalina update. But what many might not realize is that you can still purchase songs and albums from iTunes in the Music app on Mac.
The iTunes Store in the Music app looks just like you’re used to with quick links on the side, top songs and albums, and available preorders. So where is the hidden iTunes Store in the Music app? We’ll show you how to display it.
Show the iTunes Store in Music on Mac
Open the Music app on your Mac and then do the following to show the iTunes Store.
1) Click Music > Preferences from the menu bar.
2) Select the General tab.
3) Under Show, check the box for iTunes Store.
4) Click OK.
When you close those Preferences, you should see the iTunes Store in the sidebar on the left of the Music app.
If you’re using the MiniPlayer, you’ll have to head back to Window > Music to see the app in full view with the sidebar.
Do more with the Music app
For other how-tos and tips for the Music app, check out these related tutorials.
- How to create a radio station in Apple Music on iPhone, iPad and Mac
- How to see what your friends are listening to on Apple Music
- How to see time-synced lyrics on your iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV so you can sing along
- How to manage your Apple Music subscription
- How to manage your Apple Music listening history
Wrapping it up
If you want to shop for new music the old way using iTunes on your Mac, this simple tip will take you right to the store in the Music app.
Do you have any Mac Music app tips for our readers that you’d like to share? If so, comment below!