If you’ve tried out Apple TV+ and decided that it’s just not for you, no worries; you can easily cancel your subscription. Maybe you’re not thrilled with the selection of shows or maybe you don’t like the subscription price. Whatever the case, we’ll show you how to cancel your Apple TV+ subscription on Mac, iOS, and Apple TV.
Cancelling your subscription to Apple TV+
Notes on cancelling subscriptions
Depending on the type of subscription you cancel, whether Apple TV+ or something else, Apple states:
If you cancel, you can keep using the subscription until the next billing date. If you cancel during a trial period, you might lose access to content immediately.
If you sign up for a free trial, make sure to cancel within 24 hours of the renewal date so that you won’t be charged.
Cancel Apple TV+ on Mac
To cancel your subscription on Mac, open the App Store and then follow these steps.
1) Access your account by clicking your profile on the bottom left of the window or Store > View My Account from the menu bar.
2) Click View Information at the top and log in with your Apple ID and password if prompted.
3) Scroll down to Subscriptions and click Manage.
4) Next to Apple TV+, click Edit.
5) Click the Cancel Subscription button and make note of any subscription terms listed to the right.
6) Verify the cancellation by clicking Confirm in the pop-up window.
Cancel Apple TV+ on iOS
Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and then follow these steps to cancel your Apple TV+ subscription.
1) Tap your profile on the top right.
2) Select Subscriptions.
3) Choose Apple TV+.
4) Tap Cancel Subscription and confirm.
Cancel Apple TV+ on Apple TV
On Apple TV, you’ll head to your Settings to cancel your subscription and then do the following.
1) Select Users & Accounts and click your account.
2) Choose Subscriptions.
3) Pick Apple TV+.
4) Click Cancel Subscription and confirm.
If you don’t own an Apple device, you can check the Apple Support site for how to cancel your Apple TV+ subscription on iTunes for Windows, an Android device, a Chromebook, or on the web.
Wrapping it up
The Apple TV+ streaming service is a good option for unique originals if you’re looking for something different to watch. But it’s not for everyone. And Apple gives you a quick and easy way to cancel your subscription.
Have you tried Apple TV+ and decided you don’t want to keep your subscription? Let us know in the comments below why you’ve chosen to cancel.