If you’ve tried out Apple TV+ and decided that it’s not for you, no worries; you can easily cancel your subscription, and this tutorial shows you how to do that from your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, or a non-Apple device.
The Apple TV+ streaming service is a good option for unique originals if you’re looking for something different to watch. But it’s not for everyone. Maybe you’re not thrilled with the selection of shows, or maybe you don’t like the subscription price. Whatever the case, here’s how to cancel your Apple TV+ subscription.
Notes on canceling Apple subscriptions
Depending on the type of subscription you cancel, whether Apple TV+ or something else, Apple states:
If you cancel, you can keep using the subscription until the next billing date. If you cancel during a trial period, you might lose access to content immediately.
If you sign up for a free trial, make sure to cancel within 24 hours of the renewal date so that you won’t be charged.
How to cancel Apple TV+ subscriptions
Here’s what to do if you’re subscribed to Apple TV+ independently or have a free trial that you don’t want to continue.
From iPhone or iPad
- Go to Settings and tap your name from the top.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Select Apple TV+ from the list of your subscribed apps and services.
- Tap Cancel Subscription and confirm.
- Open System Settings and select your Apple ID from the top left.
- Go to Media & Purchases.
- Click Manage next to Subscriptions, and it will open the Mac App Store, showing you the Subscriptions screen.
- Click Edit next to Apple TV+.
- Hit Cancel Subscription from the next screen and confirm.
From Apple TV
- Open the Settings app on your Apple TV setup box.
- Select Users & Accounts and click your account name. It may be under the Default User heading.
- Scroll down and select Subscriptions.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Pick Apple TV+.
- Click Cancel Subscription and confirm.
From non-Apple devices
If you don’t own an Apple device, you can check the Apple Support site for how to cancel your Apple TV+ subscription on iTunes for Windows, an Android device, or a Chromebook.
Cancel Apple TV+ if you have Apple One
Most people have Apple TV+ as a free trial or as part of Apple One subscription.
Apple One is a subscription service that bundles various Apple services like Music, TV+, Arcade, News+, iCloud+, and Fitness+ into a single bundle and helps you save money.
If you’re subscribed to Apple One, I think there is absolutely no need to selectively cancel Apple TV as doing that will discontinue your Apple One subscription, and you will have to pick other services like Music, iCloud+, News+, Arcade, and Fitness+ individually, and that will be far more costly.
So, instead of canceling Apple TV+ from Apple One, you can ignore it and simply delete the TV app from your iPhone and iPad.
However, if you’re fixed on getting rid of Apple TV+ by removing it from your Apple One subscription and don’t mind paying more, here are the steps to do that:
- Open the iPhone or iPad Settings app and tap your name from the top.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap Apple One.
- You can choose Cancel All Services and get rid of your Apple One subscription and everything it offers.
- Or, you can tap Choose Individual Services. Now, from the next screen, uncheck Apple TV+, and you will see a button saying how many services you’re keeping and how much you will have to pay each month. Tap that blue button to confirm you are ok paying more. And even on this screen, if you change your mind, tap Keep Apple One.
On the same note: