These days, using emojis when sending text messages is the norm. You can say about anything with an emoji instead of text from “I love you” to “Let’s grab a burger.” And your iPhone is packed with tons of them to use. But there are apps that take these handy little smileys to another level.
You can send emojis that are arranged in a picture, those that you edit yourself, and many that you won’t find on your iPhone by default. If you want to step it up with your emojis, here are the best iPhone emoji keyboard apps.
Emoji for Message – Text Maker
With over 1,000 emojis, 200 text faces, and more, Emoji for Message is a cool tool for your iPhone. You can use the app two different ways.
- Open it, choose the emojis you want to use, and tap the keyboard icon to input words if you like. You can then copy what you’ve created or send right from the app.
- You can also add Emoji for Message as a keyboard. Open your Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard and choose Emoji.
Emoji for Message gives you two easy options for using it and many, many styles of emojis for your messages.
Emoji – Keyboard
Emoji – Keyboard lets you pick from XL emojis, stickers, an emoji list, and a neat emoji text maker. Like the first app on our list, you can use this app two different ways.
- Open it, choose the emojis you want to use, and then share what you’ve selected right from the app.
- You can also add the app as a keyboard. Open your Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard and choose Emoji Keyboard Fonts – Emoji Keyboard. You’ll also need to select the keyboard in your list and Allow Full Access.
If you want some really need emoji picture arrangements, then give Emoji – Keyboard a try. Note, the app is a bit heavy on ads.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, and iMessage
- Cost: Free with a pro version to remove the ads and unlock additional features
FancyKey – Keyboard Themes
FancyKey is a convenient keyboard for emojis because it also includes cool fonts and a swipe keyboard option.
To use FancyKey, you’ll need to add it as a keyboard. Open your Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard choose FancyKey Pro. You’ll also need to select the keyboard in your list and Allow Full Access.
Tap to use the regular keyboard and pick from unique themes or just tap the emoji icon to add your emojis, text faces, stickers, GIFs, and emoji arrangements. For an emoji keyboard with great extra features, FancyKey is a terrific choice.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Cost: Free with an in-app purchases to remove the ads and unlock additional features
Emoji Keyboard Emojis Me Maker
The Emoji Keyboard Emojis Me Maker app lets you pick from people, nature, objects, places, and more. You can also pick from emoji and text arrangements for something unique.
Just pop open the app, make your selection, and then tap to share. It’s super simple and the app gives you bunches of options.
If you’d rather use a separate app for emojis rather than including it with your keyboard options, then this is the one for you.
- Availability: iPhone and iPad
- Cost: Free
Emojis for iPhone
Emojis for iPhone is another nifty tool for sending those smileys, frowns, and crying faces as well as plenty of other types of images.
Open the app and browse through tons of emojis and art. Once you finish creating the message, you can save or send right from the app. You can add text and numbers too, just like a regular keyboard.
As a bonus, the app has games you can play.
- Availability: iPhone and iPad
- Cost: Free with in-app purchases for coins to play the games
Wrapping it up
If you’re ready to move beyond simple emoji options on your iPhone, these awesome emoji keyboard apps might be just what you need.
Are you going to give one of these a try or do you have a different emoji keyboard you’d like to recommend? Let us know in the comments below!