Do you actually read all of your emails? For most people, there are just way too many. Some we might consider junk, although we don’t want to put them in the junk folder, like coupons, sales, or promotions. Others might be receipts or confirmations we see in the previews, so we don’t have to open and read them. But after a while, all of those unread emails pile up.
If you want to clear those unread messages, here’s how to mark all your emails as read on iPhone, iPad, and Mac in the Mail app.
Mark your emails as read in the Apple Mail app
On iPhone and iPad
Open the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad, and follow these steps:
- Select All Inboxes or a specific mailbox if you prefer.
- From the top right, tap Edit.
- Tap Select All.
- Select Mark > Mark as Read.
Handy tip: Drag down with two fingers to quickly select several emails and tap Mark > Mark as Read. See how to do this on our Instagram.
Open the macOS Mail app and do the following:
- Select All Inboxes on the left or click only a specific mailbox if you prefer.
- Click Mailbox from the top menu bar.
- Select Mark All Messages as Read.
Marking all of your emails as read couldn’t be easier. Hopefully, this will save you from going through your unread messages one by one.
Do you have any tips like this you’d like to share?
More Mail tutorials: