While Siri is a convenient digital personal assistant that you can access simply by saying “Hey Siri,” it’s not for everyone. Maybe you don’t use the feature at all, or maybe you’re tired of all the false positives being triggered. If so, here’s how to disable Hey Siri on iPhone and iPad.
Turn off Hey Siri
Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and then follow these steps to disable Hey Siri.
1) Select Siri & Search.
2) Turn off the toggle next to Listen for Hey Siri.
If you want to use Siri with your Home or Side button, make sure that the Press Home for Siri or Press Side Button for Siri feature is enabled. But, if you don’t want to use Siri at all, you can disable that option as well.
For more on Siri
- How to use Siri on Apple Watch without saying “Hey Siri”
- Which Siri? Here’s how HomePod knows when it should respond to your Siri request
- How to use Hey Siri with multiple nearby devices
- How to adjust Siri voice feedback on Apple Watch
- Apple researching offline Siri mode
Wrapping it up
Being able to use the Hey Siri option is cool, but not everybody likes this feature. Now that you know how to disable it, are you going to? Or, maybe you don’t want to use Siri at all. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.