When you listen to songs and add your favorites to your playlists, that doesn’t necessarily mean you want those songs added to your music library. If you’ve noticed that this has been happening and want to stop it, it’s easy.
Here’s how to stop Apple Music from adding songs to your library when you add them to a playlist.
Change your settings on iPhone or iPad
To make this change on your iPhone or iPad, head to the Settings app and follow these steps.
1) Scroll down to and select Music.
2) Under Library, move the slider to turn off Add Playlist Songs.
3) Tap the Settings arrow on the top left to go back or simply close the app.
Change your settings on Mac
To adjust this setting on your Mac, you’ll need to open iTunes and then do the following.
1) Click iTunes from the menu bar and select Preferences.
2) Select the General tab.
3) Uncheck the box next to Add songs to Library when adding to playlists.
4) Click OK.
More music tutorials
For music lovers or those who only listen occasionally, here are additional tutorials to help you with your tunes.
- How to repeat songs, albums, and playlists in Apple Music app
- How to manage songs playing next in Apple Music
- How to have the Music app only show songs stored on your device
- How to search songs by lyrics in Apple’s Music app on iPhone and iPad
- How to find and remove duplicate songs in iTunes
Wrapping it up
With one simple setting, you can stop songs from going into your music library when you add them to a playlist. It’s small things like this that are often the most helpful.
Are there other tips or tricks for Apple Music or the Music app that you’d like to see us cover? If so, leave a comment below or hit us up on Twitter.