If you own an iPhone or iPad, then incoming notifications likely play an instrumental role in your daily workflow. That said, streamlining the incoming notification experience should be considered a crucial step after jailbreaking your iOS 11-equipped handset with Electra.
Fortunately, a new jailbreak tweak dubbed NotificationsUnleashedXI by iOS developer Rishanan can help with this. The tweak provides users with a multitude of settings that can be employed to augment iOS’ stock notification experience.
As seen in the screenshot examples above, NotificationsUnleashedXI not only includes options for making your notifications look better by minimizing what gets displayed, but it can also deliver functionality enhancements such as extended Lock screen and Notification Center banner previews.
Upon installing NotificationsUnleashedXI, you’ll find a preference pane in the Settings app where you can configure the tweak to your liking:
Here, you can:
- Disable sound and/or vibration for incoming notifications
- Prevent the display from turning on for incoming notifications
- Merge like notifications to conserve screen real estate
- Configure a custom number of lines to appear in your notification preview banners
- Toggle the ‘X’ button for clearing notifications
- Enable persistent notifications that continue notifying you
- Disable the older notifications reveal style
- Hide the “No Older Notifications” text from Notification Center
- Hide section headers from iOS’ notification interfaces
- Remove grabbers from notification banners
- Require manual dismissal of notifications by making them stick
- Hide app icon from notification banners
- Hide app name text from notification banners
- Hide date from notification banners
- Hide image preview from notification banners
At the bottom of the preference pane is a respring button that you should use to save your changes every time you modify the settings for NotificationsUnleashedXI.
As you might have noticed, the preference pane is rather lengthy. This is because NotificationsUnleashedXI offers an ample amount of options to help you tailor your incoming notification experience to your particular needs.
Some of my favorite options out of this list include having a custom number of notification preview lines, manual banner dismissal, and hiding some of the unnecessary features from the banners to make them look more attuned to minimalization. Of course, everyone has a different opinion on the matter so your mileage may vary.
If you’re interested in trying NotificationsUnleashedXI, then you can download it for $0.99 from Cydia’s Packix repository. The tweak supports all jailbroken iOS 10 and 11 devices.
What are your favorite features packed into NotificationsUnleashedXI? Let us know by dropping a comment below.