How many apps do you have installed on your iPhone or iPad? How many of those apps are being used on a regular basis? Here’s how to find out the last time you used an app and why it’s important to know this information.
Find the last time you used an app on your iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app and tap General > iPhone or iPad Storage.
- On the next screen, you’ll find useful information about your device, including storage space usage, recommendations on saving space, and a list of the installed apps. You’ll also find the Last Used date, with apps never opened marked as Never Used.
Why is this information useful?
Depending on the amount of storage space in your device, you might need to delete apps to save space. By knowing the apps you haven’t used for a while, or perhaps, never, you can more accurately determine which ones to delete. It’s also a great way to just unclutter your Home Screen.
Reinstall the app
You can always reinstall apps free of charge at any time. To do so:
- Press the App Store icon on the Home Screen and tap Purchased.
- Select My Purchases.
- On the next screen, begin typing in the name of the app you’d like to reinstall. Select All apps or Not on this iPhone from the top of the screen.
- Choose the download icon to get the app.
Finding the last time you used an app isn’t a difficult process as you just saw above.
What type of maintenance do you do on your iPhone or iPad? Let us know in the comments below.
Check out next: