How many apps do you have installed on your iPhone or iPad? How many of those apps are being used on a regular basis? Here’s how to find out the last time you used an app and why it’s important to know this information.
Find the last time you used an app
1) To find the last time you used an app, go to the Settings app under General > iPhone (or iPad) Storage.
2) On the next screen, you’ll find useful information about your device, including storage space usage, recommendations on saving space, and a list of the installed apps.
3) You’ll also find the Last Used date, with apps never opened marked as Never Used.
Why is this information useful? Depending on the size of your storage space, you might need to delete apps to save space. By knowing the apps you haven’t used for a while, or perhaps, never, you can more accurately determine which ones to delete. It’s also a great way to just unclutter your Homepage.
You can always reinstall apps free of charge at any time. To do so:
1) Go to the App Store app and click on the circle that represents your iTunes account.
2) Click Purchased.
3) Click My Purchases.
4) On the next screen, begin typing in the name of the app you’d like to reinstall. Toggle All apps or Not on this iPhone apps.
5) Click on the cloud icon next to the app.
6) Your app has been reinstalled.
Just one of the tools
Finding the last time you used an app isn’t a difficult process. You can also prevent apps on your device from being uninstalled, find ways to speed up the app download process, and check to see if your iPhone battery needs replaced, among other tools.
What type of maintenance do you do on your iPhone or iPad? Let us know in the comments below.