The iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2 are now available for pre-order. Folks in participating launch countries can now place orders for the new devices on Apple’s website, the mobile Apple Store app, or via their wireless carrier.
As we mentioned in our Pro Tips guide to pre-ordering, the easiest way to place your order is through the mobile app. Apple’s site tends to get bogged down with the influx of traffic, and carrier website health is hard to predict.
Folks still trying to figure out what to purchase will find these posts and video roundups helpful:
- Pro Tips: how to pre-order your iPhone 7 as fast as possible tonight
- 6 great iPhone 7 cases you can buy right now
- Poll: Which iPhone 7 configuration will you buy?
- Is the iPhone 7 Plus dual-camera system worth getting the larger iPhone?
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus tech specs
- Hands-on with Apple Watch Series 2, iPhone 7 and AirPods
- Weight, size, and battery life: iPhone 7 vs iPhone 6s
- iPhone 7 is water resistant but liquid damage is not covered under Apple’s warranty
- Apple recommends using a case with Jet Black iPhone 7
- High-gloss Jet Black finish is exclusively available in 128GB and 256GB iPhone 7 models
- This is the new iPhone 7
- Apple Watch Series 2 is a bit thicker and heavier than the original Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Series 2 tech specs
- Apple unveils Apple Watch Series 2: swimproof, faster CPU/GPU, built-in GPS, brighter screen, more
- New iPhone price & availability: iPhone 7 starts at $649, iPhone 7 Plus $769, pre-orders Sept. 9, available Sept. 16
But don’t wait too long to make your decision. Just a few minutes after pre-orders opened, we noticed select iPhone models were already seeing longer shipping times—particularly the iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black.
Did you order a new iPhone or Apple Watch tonight? Tell us which model you went with and why in the comments below!