It’s been a long week, but now it’s time to kick back and relax. Let us help you enjoy your lazy Saturday or Sunday afternoons with some new app and game ideas in this week’s Apps of the Week roundup. We have a new app for helping you become more creative, a new 3D avatar chat app, and much more!
Want to become more creative? Wonder is here to help. This app features various mini-games that help improve your creative and ideation skills. You can play your way to new ideas that solve challenges at school or work and become awesome at solving creative problems, or get inspiration from others and remix/build on creative thoughts. Wonder is available for free.
MuseCam is a next generation image editor that makes it easier than ever to capture the perfect look for your photos. Shoot and edit your images using film emulating presets, professional grade tools, and advanced camera controls. Notable features include a manual mode, with independent shutter, ISO, white balance & focus controls, a depth of field tool and customizable presets/filters. MuseCam is available for free.
Oh great, just what we need, another messaging app. But this one has an interesting twist. Rawr Messenger features 3D avatar chatting, allowing users to create their own animated characters and customize them with clothing and other accessories. You can choose to talk to people you know, like friends and family, or use the Globetrotter feature to meet new people from around the world. Rawr Messenger is available for free.
Street Puncher is a fast-paced, addictive game that will put your reflexes to the test. Tap the targets to block your fighter’s punches and earn points; achieve combo streaks by blocking enough punches in a row. Challenge your friends and compete for high scores. This is the perfect twitch-game to play when you need to kill a few seconds—or an entire Saturday afternoon. Street Puncher is available for free.
Originally released on PC in 2006, Titan Quest is an action RPG set against a mythological backdrop. The Titans have escaped from prison and are hell-bent on destroying the Earth. The Gods alone can’t stop them — a hero is needed to lead this epic struggle. Victory or defeat will determine humanity’s fate and that of the Olympians. This is a huge, console-quality title that offers 40+ hours of gameplay. Titan Quest is available for $7.
More apps you should check out
- Physics puzzler Pull My Tongue goes free as Apple’s App of the Week
- Alfred 3 for Mac is here with cool new features to boost your productivity
- Yahoo Esports now has an official iPhone app
- New Google apps at I/O 2016: ‘Allo’ for messaging and ‘Duo’ for video calling
- Mekorama review—guide a tiny robot through mechanical dioramas
- The Roll helps you organize and find your best shots
These apps have been updated
- Tweetbot for Mac updated with new Topics feature, Collections support and more
- Infuse 4.2 adds Library view on tvOS, trakt ratings sync, Spotlight search on iOS and more
- Readdle’s PDF Expert 5 gains Apple Pencil support and seamless Wi-Fi file transfer
- Uber app now lets you track family members
- “OK Hound, what’s this song?”
- Google’s mobile app gains keyboard shortcuts, busiest hours in search results & more
- Apple updates GarageBand with new sounds to celebrate Chinese music