Instagram allows your to use polls in your Stories, which lets you ask any question and see realtime results from your friends and followers as they vote. The polling feature requires you to add an interactive poll sticker to your Story, create your own question and customize the answers, here’s how.
To take advantage of polls, you’ll need Instagram version 16 or later which you can download to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from App Store at no charge.
How to use polls in your Instagram stories
1) Open Instagram on your iOS device.
2) Tap the Home tab at the bottom.
3) Tap your Profile icon in the top-left corner or swipe right to create a new Story.
4) Tap the shutter button to take an image or video or hit the icon in the lower-left corner to select any item from your Photos library that was taken in the last 24 hours.
5) Tap the Emoji icon near the top-right corner or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see your stickers, then select a Poll sticker from the list.
NOTE: If you don’t see the sticker, the polling feature is not yet available in your country.
6) Write out your own question and customize the answers. Since Instagram polls are binary, you cannot define more than two possible answers.
Feel free to use Instagram’s creative tools to pretty up your polls.
For instance, select a color picker to choose any color from your photo or video to apply to your text or take advantage of an alignment tool to position your text and poll sticker (use the blue lines to center the sticker or snap it back to horizontal if it’s rotated).
7) Tap Next to continue, select Your Story at the top and hit Send to publish the poll.
After you’ve shared the poll to your Story, your friends and followers can immediately start voting by tapping one of the two options you’ve provided, and see results in real time.
TIP: To check how many votes each of the options you’ve provided has received, simply view the Story and swipe up to bring up the list of viewers. There, you can see how each responded voted and what option they chose.
Since polls are part of Stories, the poll along with its results will disappear after 24 hours.
Need help? Ask iDB!
If you like this how-to, pass it along to your support folks and leave a comment below.
Got stuck? Not sure how to do certain things on your Apple device? Let us know via help@iDownloadBlog.com and a future tutorial might provide a solution.
Submit your how-to suggestions via tips@iDownloadBlog.com.