If you have ever wanted to reset the Home screen‘s app icon layout to factory settings, then you might be happy to hear that there’s an easier way than moving the app icons all back to where they were one by one.
Instead, in this tutorial, we’ll be showing you how you can reset the Home screen app icon layout automatically in just a few seconds.
Resetting the Home screen app icon layout
Sometimes you get bored with the Home screen configurations you make and you decide to start all over. It’s okay! There’s nothing wrong with wanting a fresh slate to start all over again, and you may not want to completely restore your device through iTunes.
To easily reset your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad Home screen layout, simply follow these steps:
1) Launch the Settings app on the iOS device you want to reset the Home screen app layout on.
2) Navigate to General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout and tap on it.
3) When prompted by a pop-up message, confirm the Home screen reset by tapping on the red Reset Home Screen button.
And boom. Just like that, without a restart or anything, your Home screen’s app icons will now be completely reset to factory configuration. Any third-party apps that you have installed will be placed on page 2 or after in alphabetical order.
It’s super easy to reset the Home screen app icon layout to the factory defaults. I see too many people struggling to move them all back themselves on a day-to-day basis, so I just hope more and more people can learn about this super simple button that makes magic happen with just a tap.
- How to reset your iPhone’s voicemail password
- Resetting your Apple ID security questions and answers
If you found this tutorial helpful, let us know in the comments below! You can always suggest new tutorial ideas by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.