The macOS Ventura 13.4 release notes confirm sports-focused News app enhancements, along with fixes for Bluetooth, Screen Time, Auto Unlock, etc.
On May 18, 2023, Apple released the macOS Ventura 13.4 update to the public. The software update is available for all the Mac models that are compatible with Ventura.
It brings the new Sports feed in the sidebar of the News app, along with the My Sports score and schedule cards. macOS Ventura 13.4 also fixes annoying issues with Screen Time not syncing across devices, Auto Unlock with Apple Watch not working, Bluetooth keyboards connecting slowly and more.
How to update your Mac to macOS Ventura 13.4
To check for new macOS software, use Software Update in the System Settings app on macOS Ventura or System Preferences on older macOS versions.
- Click the Apple menu in the corner of the screen and choose System Settings.
- Click General in the sidebar, then hit Software Update on the right.
- Click the Upgrade Now button next to macOS Ventura 13.4.
The computer will download and install the software update. You’ll need to enter your administrator password when prompted to authorize the operation. Avoid closing the lid or putting your Mac to sleep while the update is being installed.
Sports in News
The sidebar in the News app on macOS Ventura 13.4 has gained a new Sports section, which is also available on the iPhone and iPad. Spots content was present in the News app before, but Apple is now showcasing it better by giving it a dedicated section. Clicking schedule cards will load game pages with additional details. Follow your favorite teams on Apple News to stay on top of things.
macOS Ventura 13.4 release notes
Apple’s official release notes for macOS Ventura 13.4 include the following new features, enhancements and bug fixes although additional tweaks may be available as Apple doesn’t always list every single improvement in changelogs.
- Sports feed in the sidebar of Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, standings, and more, for the teams and leagues you follow.
- My Sports score and schedule cards in Apple News take you directly to game pages where you can find additional details about specific games.
- Resolves an issue where Auto Unlock with Apple Watch does not log you into your Mac.
- Fixes a Bluetooth issue where keyboards connect slowly to Mac after restarting.
- Addresses a VoiceOver issue with navigating to landmarks on webpages.
- Fixes an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices.
Related support documents
You may find the following Apple support documents useful:
Apple also released new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Apple Watch updates.
Other updates Apple released today
In addition to macOS 13.4, Apple today also launched the iOS 16.5 update for the iPhone and iPad, which brings a dedicated new Sports tab in the News app, a new Pride wallpaper and critical bug fixes.