With Apple TV+, Apple has been raking in the awards for its shows. But, when it comes to the end of the year, it’s the company’s turn to hand them out. We’ve already seen the Apple Music Awards, and now it’s time for the App Store to get involved.
Today, Apple has revealed the App Store Awards for 2021. This showcases the best apps and games of the year, breaking it down across platforms. This year, Apple’s revealed the best apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and the Apple Watch.
Meanwhile, for games, the awards go to the best iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and . . . Apple Arcade titles.
Here’s how it all breaks down:
Best apps of 2021
- iPhone app of the year: Toca Life World from Toca Boca
- iPad app of the year: LumaFusion from LumaTouch
- Mac app of the year: Craft from Luki Labs Limited
- Apple TV app of the year: DAZN from DAZN Group
- Apple Watch app of the year: Carrot Weather from Grailr
Best games of 2021
- iPhone game of the year: League of Legends: Wild Rift from Riot Games
- iPad game of the year: MARVEL Future Revolution from Netmarble
- Mac game of the year: Myst from Cyan
- Apple TV game of the year: Space Marshals 3 from Pixelbite
- Apple Arcade game of the year: Fantasian from Mistwalker
But wait, there’s a connection
On top of the primary awards, Apple also showcased apps that followed the “trend of the year.” Which, according to the company, was connection. In this way, it shows apps and games that helped people build a community, or just meet new people, despite all of the hardships so many people went through over the course of 2021.
- Among Us! from Inner Sloth
- Bumble from Bumble, Inc.
- Canva from Canva
- EatOkra from Anthony Edwards Jr. and Janique Edwards
- Peanut from Peanut App Limited
So, there we have it. The best from the App Store in 2021. According to Apple, of course.
What were some of your favorite apps and games from this year?