As 2021 wraps up, there are “best of” awards to give out. And to show off just how popular something was as the year wraps up. Apple Music is doing just that as November closes out. The streaming service has already announced the winners of 2021, and now it’s showing off the most-played songs, too.
Today, Apple Music has revealed a variety of top lists. That, obviously, includes the “most played song of 2021,” with that honor going to “Dynamite” by the K-Pop stars BTS. Meanwhile, the streaming service also revealed which song had the most-read lyrics of 2021, which goes to “drivers license” by Olivia Rodrigo. That also earned the second most-streamed song of 2021.
The top lists don’t stop there, though. Apple Music also revealed which songs made the Top 25 in “Top 100: Fitness” and “Top 100: Shazam” for this year. “Head and Heart ft. MNEK” by Joel Corry and “Astronaut in the Ocean” by Masked Wolf won those awards, respectively.
That most coveted most-streamed song award, though, which BTS earned, has a ridiculously popular list of songs to battle through. As mentioned above, “drivers license” earned that number two spot. But, here’s how the top 10 looked this year for most streamed songs on Apple Music:
- “Dynamite” by BTS
- “drivers license” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “positions” by Ariana Grande
- “For the Night (feat. Lil Baby and DaBaby)” by Pop Smoke
- “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd
- “Peaches (feat. Daniel Caesar & GIVEON)” by Justin Bieber
- “good 4 u” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “STAY” by The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber
- “Dakiti” by Jhay Cortez & Bad Bunny
- “Levitating (feat. DaBaby)” by Dua Lipa
So, there we go. Quite the list, for sure. If you want to jump into any one of the playlists Apple put together for the end of the year, you can find them in the app.