When you block someone on Gmail, all future emails from them go straight to the spam section. You do not get notifications for these emails, nor do they increase the unread count. Over a period, you may have blocked email accounts of several businesses, people, subscriptions, and such. But do you want to unblock them for any reason?
If yes, we show you easy ways to unblock blocked emails in Gmail using your computer or smartphone. You can choose to unblock just the one email, a selected few, or even all the blocked emails at once. Here’s how.
How to unblock specific emails in Gmail
1. On computer or iPad
Using these steps, you can see all the email addresses you have blocked. After that, you may unblock just the desired one, a few selected ones, or all. Let us show you the steps.
- Visit mail.google.com on your computer or iPad. You cannot follow these steps on the mobile version of Gmail or the app.
- Click the settings gear icon > See all settings. Or, click this direct link.
- Click Filters and Blocked Addresses.
- Click unblock next to an email. You may also select multiple emails or select all and click Unblock selected addresses.
2. On iPhone or Android
There is no straightforward way to unblock someone on the mobile version of Gmail. Even if you request desktop mode in Safari or other browsers, Gmail will redirect you to the mobile version. If you tap the hamburger icon > Older Version or Desktop > I’d like to use HTML Gmail, it will take you to an old version of Gmail. It has the Settings page, but there is no option to block or unblock.
Therefore the only way to unblock an email address in Gmail on an iPhone or Android is by using the app.
Here’s how to unblock an email address in Gmail on iPhone and Android.
- Open the Gmail app on your phone.
- Search for the blocked email address or find an old email from the blocked account or look for them in the Spam section.
- Tap Unblock sender.
- You may also tap the three dots icon and choose Unblock “sender name”.
If you use a third-party email app on your phone, they too may offer ways to block and unblock email addresses.
How to instantly unblock all email accounts you have ever blocked on Gmail
Before you do this, please understand that once you unblock all the emails, you might start seeing several unnecessary emails from businesses, newsletters, etc., in your primary email feed.
Here’s how to unblock all email accounts on Gmail in just a few clicks:
- Using a mobile or computer browser, go to your Google Account. You may have to sign in if you aren’t already.
- Click Home > Protect your account.
- Click Gmail settings.
- Finally, click Unblock all.
This is how you can unblock all or selected email addresses in Gmail using your computer or smartphone.
To be straightforward, doing this on a computer is easier. On mobile, you may not always be able to find the specific blocked account. On Mac or PC, you can see all the emails you have ever blocked and take the desired action.
Check out next: