We recently published a post about how to send a group email from your Mac, so we figured we would have a similar one about sending group emails on iPhone as well. Of course, some of you may think it’s easy to send a group email on iPhone. Just fire up the Mail app, and add every contact you want to send the email to.
That sure works, but it’s not very practical, especially if you want to send a group email on a regular basis to 20 contacts for example. We do have a better solution to offer, and in this post, we will show you how to send a group email from iPhone.
Read on to find out how to easily and quickly mass email a group of contacts.
Prerequisites: obviously, before emailing a group from your iPhone, you have to make sure you have created contact groups. We have published two tutorials that should guide you though the process:
How to send group emails on iPhone or iPad
As always, there are tons of apps that can help you send emails to a group of contacts, but I’ve found that Contact Groups works fairly well, especially given its price tag (yes, it is free).
1) Download Contact Groups for free, and launch the application. When prompted to allow the app to access your contacts, agree to it.
3) In the main view that lists all the groups you created, choose the one you want to send a group email to.
4) Tap the green Email button at the bottom.
5) For each contact in your group, the app will list all email addresses available. So in our example, we want to make sure we send the email to our contacts’ Work email addresses. Select each email address, then tap Write Email.
6) A new message sheet should now appear on your screen. You will notice that the “To:” field has been automatically populated with all the contacts from your group.
7) Just type in your email as you usually do and tap Send when done.
You might be wondering whether the stock Mail application allows you to easily send group emails or not. The answer is yes and no. Yes, you can. But it’s not practical because it doesn’t let you specify which email address you want to use for contacts that have multiple email addresses.
Still, for the sake of completeness, here are the steps to create a group email from the stock Mail application.
1) Launch the Mail application on your iPhone and create a new email.
2) In the recipient field, start typing the name of a group you have previously created. For example, here, I am sending an email to a group called “Friends.” You will see the Group option show on the screen. Tap on it to confirm.
3) The recipient field will then automatically be populated with emails from all the contacts in your group. Now you can just type in the subject and body of the email before sending it.
The downside of this solution is that it will add every email address for each contact to the email. So for example, if you have your friend’s personal and professional email addresses, both email addresses will be added to the email you create. That is why I prefer the first solution listed above as it allows you to select specific email addresses for each contact.
As you can see, sending an email to a list from your iPhone is pretty simple, although it would be even simpler if you were able to do that without the need of a third-party application.
Also read: How to send group SMS on iPhone