Apple Arcade, launched back in September 2019, is a subscription service that provides access to exclusive games on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV. When it first launched, there weren’t a lot of titles available on the service. Fast forward to 2021, and we now have access to more than 180 amazing games. Apple charges a flat subscription fee every month, which gives you access to all the exclusive titles.
Users can also try out the service with a 1-month free trial. However, not everyone will want to continue to pay a monthly fee. In this post, we’re going to show you how to cancel an Apple Arcade subscription.
How to cancel Apple Arcade subscription on iPhone
If you don’t want to continue your free Apple Arcade trial, or if you want to cancel an ongoing subscription, then you can do so right from your iPhone. Here’s how.
1) Launch the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
2) Tap on Arcade in the bottom bar.
3) Select your Profile shown on the top right corner.
4) Head to Subscriptions and select Apple Arcade.
5) Tap on Cancel Trial and hit Cancel Subscription to cancel the subscription.
Your Apple Arcade subscription will end immediately. Any games that you may have download from the Arcade, will no longer work on your device. If you’re on a free trial, the subscription will end as and when you hit the Cancel Free Trial button. If you wait to cancel the subscription even one day after the trial period ends, then you’ll be charged for the month.
How to cancel Apple Arcade subscription on Mac
You can also use Apple Arcade on your Mac, and play games on your MacBook, iMac, or any other Mac. To cancel an Apple Arcade subscription on your Mac, follow the steps below.
1) Open App Store on your Mac.
2) Click on your Account name located on the bottom of the left pane.
3) Select View Information on the top right corner, and sign-in with your Apple ID.
4) Scroll down to Manage and click on the Manage button.
5) Click on the Edit button next to the Apple Arcade option.
6) Select Cancel Subscription and Confirm to end your Apple Arcade subscription.
Once again, the subscription to Apple Arcade is terminated immediately and any downloaded games will become unavailable.
How to cancel Apple Arcade subscription on Apple TV
If you play Apple Arcade games on your Apple TV, and are looking to cancel the subscription, then here’s how to do it.
1) Navigate to Settings on your Apple TV.
2) Choose User & Accounts and then select your account.
3) Scroll down and choose Subscriptions, then click on Apple Arcade.
4) Click the Cancel Subscription option at the bottom. Select Confirm to make it official.
If you enjoy playing games available on Apple Arcade, then you may want to learn how to get notified of new games. However, if you’re not utilising your Apple Arcade subscription, then it may be a good idea to cancel it. A bunch of subscriptions to various unused services can give you a headache at the end of the month. Although Apple Arcade offers some nice games, not everyone wants to pay a monthly fee. The Apple Arcade subscription can be cancelled on your iPhone, Mac, or Apple TV. We hope this tutorial helped you save some money.