In 2020, we showed you how to find COVID-19 testing locations using Apple Maps. And this is something you can still take advantage of. But luckily this time, we get to show you how to find locations in Maps offering the COVID-19 vaccine in your area.
Whether you’re considering getting the vaccine yourself or want to help a friend or family member, Maps makes it easy. On iPhone, iPad, and Mac, you can see locations offering the vaccine and even hit a simple button to make an appointment on the location’s website.
So if you’re ready, let’s get to finding COVID-19 vaccine locations in Maps.
COVID-19 vaccine locations in Maps on iPhone and iPad
Finding locations in Maps on iPhone and iPad couldn’t be easier. Then, get directions, see business hours, and make an appointment.
1) Open Maps on your iPhone or iPad.
2) Tap inside the Search box. You should see “COVID-19 Vaccines” under the Find Nearby suggestions. If so, select it. If not, enter “COVID” into the Search box and it should display as a suggestion.
3) Like with other searches and suggestions in Maps, you’ll see the locations plotted on the map and can swipe up to view the entire list. Select a location to get directions or tap the Make Appointment link to head to the website.
COVID-19 vaccine locations in Maps on Mac
Maps on Mac makes finding vaccine spots just as simple as on your mobile device. Plus, you can send directions to a location right to your device for convenience.
1) Open Maps on Mac and access the sidebar using the button in the toolbar.
2) Click inside the Search box at the top. You should see “COVID-19 Vaccines” under the Find Nearby suggestions. If so, select it. If not, enter “COVID” into the Search box and it should display as a suggestion.
3) You’ll see the locations plotted on the map on the right with a list on the left. Select a location to get directions or hit the Make Appointment link to head to the website.
Wrapping it up
If you’re planning to get the COVID-19 vaccine, you should be able to not only find a testing spot, but go where you need to make an appointment. And if you’ve already gotten the vaccine, share this how-to with a friend or family who has not.
Do you these COVID suggestions helpful in the Apple Maps app? What other types of medical services do you think should be included by default?