The App Store lets you browse the entire Apple Arcade catalog. But with well over a hundred games available on Apple Arcade, discovering the right title to kill a few minutes of your time may feel like finding a needle in the haystack. Thankfully, you have several filtering options at your disposal to isolate only the games that interest you. In this tutorial, we’re going to show you how to sort and filter Apple Arcade titles by release date, controller support and more.
Apple Arcade filters
The ability to sort and filter Apple Arcade titles is supported in the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV. On the iPhone and iPad, this requires the iOS 14.3 software update. On the iPad, you’ll need the iPadOS 14.3 software. On your Apple TV, you’ll need to be running the tvOS 14.3 update or later. And lastly, these new sorting and filtering options for Apple Arcade are available on the Mac with the macOS 11.1 Big Sur software or later.
The aforementioned software updates were released on December 14, 2020. Follow along with our tutorial right ahead for step-by-step instructions showing you how to sort and filter Apple Arcade titles so you don’t waste time finding something cool to play.
How to filter and sort Apple Arcade catalog
To filter Apple Arcade games by various criteria, choose the Arcade tab in the App Store, then scroll down and select the option to browse the entire Apple Arcade catalog.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV.
- Select the tab “Arcade”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Arcade tab, then choose the option “See All Games”.
- Use the sorting and filtering options at the top of the interface to customize your view.
This is what the interface looks like on an iPad.
The following filtering options are at your disposal:
- Controller Support: Filter out all games without controller support.
- Multiplayer Games: Show only multiplayer-based games.
- Age Ratings: Limit items by age rating (All, 4+, 9+ and 12+)
- Coming Soon: Include unreleased games that are coming soon to Apple Arcade
Keep in mind that you can select multiple filters at once.
Once you’ve used the built-in filters to limit what’s listed here, use one of the following sorting options to determine how the filtered items are ordered.
- Release Date: Your filtered Apple Arcade games are listed by the date they were released, starting with the most recently released title.
- Last Updated: Sort your filtered Apple Arcade games by the date of their last update, starting with the most recently updated title.
- Name: The list will be sorted alphabetically, by game title.
- Category: The list will be sorted alphabetically, by genre name (Arcade, Adventure, etc.)
By default, the Arcade catalog is filtered by coming-soon titles and sorted by release date.