Feral Interactive announced today that it will be releasing a mobile version of Sega and Relic’s real-time strategy classic, “Company of Heroes”, on Thursday, September 10.
Feral back in April confirmed it was working on an iPhone edition of the game.
In “Company of Heroes”, you assume control of two factions of American troops as they fight against the German Wehrmacht. There are fifteen missions in the iPad edition of “Company of Heroes”.
Here are some key highlights from the iPad version:
- A masterpiece brought to mobile: One of real-time strategy’s most celebrated games redesigned for iPad.
- From D-Day to the Falaise Pocket: Direct squads of US troops against the mighty German Wehrmacht through 15 gritty missions based on some of the most challenging fighting of World War II.
- Shape the battlefield, win the battle: Destructible environments let you exploit the battlefield to your best advantage.
- Immersive visual: High-resolution graphics optimized for the Retina screen of the iPad.
- Buy once, command forever: The classic desktop game, available as a premium app. Download missions and skirmish maps at no extra cost.
The Windows version was developed by Relic Entertainment.
The premium game will let you direct spectacular squad-based World War II campaigns in exchange for a single purchase of $14 a pop. This buys you the whole game without subsequent in-app purchases, subscriptions, advertising and other monetization tricks.
“Company of Heroes” for iPad arrived in February of this year. With that in mind, the iPhone edition should be offered to those who already have the iPad version at no additional charge.
If Feral’s past releases are an indication, then “Company of Heroes” will simply be updated on September 10 to become a universal download covering the iPhone and iPad devices with one single download.
Indeed, this is confirmed in the video description, with Feral inviting fans of real-time strategy games to “buy the iPad version now from the App Store and download on iPhone for free when it releases.”
To learn more about “Company of Heroes”, visit the official mini-site.